Sunday, November 30, 2008

Dear Bloggie,

I have been hardworking, and has updated many many events all within the weekend. This post is specially dedicated to my Best Girlfriend, Karen. =)

Happy Birthday Darling!

29th November 2008 (Saturday) - Karen's Birthday

Meet up with Bestie at Hougang and we took the Northeast line to Outram MRT...


A rather blurred picture... The train is moving you see, and we have to do it w/o flash.

I... forgot to take a photo of the restaurant... Hope this suffice. I made an appointment at Ember @ Hotel 1929. Well, not too sure if I could classify this as fine dinning, but this definately one of the more classy meal I've had...

After we have placed our orders with the very helpful and friendly waitress, we are served bread... This bread is tasty! It's crispy on the outside and soft on the inside... Yummy..

Whle waiting for food... The lighting here is very soft and warm. Excellent for taking photos as it makes us pretty!

Our appetizers.. We had this Fried Tofu dish (which is my favorite), this Scallop with Greens dish (scallop super fresh and the girls L0ve the greens and its dressing), this Crabcake dish (ermm.. so-so only) and the Foie Gras (which Bestie adore, but too jelak for me).

Bestie and QH had this Terriyaki Codfish as their main... It's too well-marinated hence its a little too salty for them. But still, I still quite like it. =)

And this is what I and the Bdae girl ordered... Pan-seared Seabass. It is delicious, and the rugout consist of bacon and mushrooms. Its okie at first, but as I was more then 1/2 way through the meal, I find the bacon a tad too salty and the whole rugout a little too oily for my liking. But nevertheless, its still nice. But I still prefer the Appetizers. =)

Thou the servings looked small, but somehow all four girls are full to the beam and I'm serectly glad that we have ordered only 2 Deserts to share. We have the Chocolate Fondant and the Apple Tart, both served with a single scoop of yummy Vanilla Ice-cream. The Chocolate Fondant is on the bitter side, but it complement the Ice-cream perfectly; the Apple Tart is on the too sweet side...

After the meal, its Present Time! Well, I am glad that she like the Present.

After dinner, we adjorned to KTV...

The lovely girls who have an extremely important place in my heart...

Karen's guy came down at 12mn to join us.. And he brought a cake with him. A cake over-flowing with Love. He had asked his friend to have it specially custom made for him.. His late for this gathering as his at the Bakery, waiting for the cake to be done. Awww... so sweet. (I'm not refering to the cake... I'm refering to the guy. =p)

Making a wish and cutting the cake... Look at the smile on her face; it's not too difficult to guess what the girl wished for...

The Blissful couple... =)

A photo taken at Ember @ Hotel 1929 to end this post... Friends Forever Darlings! We will not only be there to celebrate your 25th Birthday together, but our 50th and 75th togather.. =)

No comments: