Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dear Bloggie,

Cant believe that I am sick... once again.

I'm down with flu once every 2 months... and this is a terrible time to get sick as I've got plenty of meetings lined up this week. Many overseas colleauges and suppliers are flying in for the Yearly Nego Meeting. =(

Anyway... Had a very bad time at the clinic today. I'll edit this post again tomorrow to rant about that Doctor. I need to get some sleep now...

Nitez world.

[Edited]

Okie… just to update on my trip to the Doctor.

I took a day off on Monday; and since the world is busy… I thought it’ll be good to just stay home and prepare myself for the hectic week ahead (more on hectic week in another post).

By 3pm… I went into a sneezing state.

You get the whole picture… Sneezing and leaking. I thought it was just my sinus at work as I packed my room a little in the morning; so it might be the dust flying around. It persists all the way till I went to bed at 12mn, and at 6.30am when I woke up the next morning… and all the way till I reach office.

So… I concluded that this is not the regular sinus, but rather I caught the flu bug once again. =(

My colleagues all shunned away from me for the entire day, and the Hot Mama Secretary behind me even put up an air purifier right behind me. Well, this is how sick I appear to be… So I thought I’ll just get my work done and head off to the Doctor; but I have so much to do that by the time I complete all the urgent tasks… its already Lunch Time. So I figure out I might as well finish up my stuff since its just a couple more hours to go.

Finally it is 5pm and I head off to Raffles Medical @ Tampines One and… I 奇迹般的 recovered.

My nose stop leaking and its not even blocked. Fantastic.

Half way through the consultation, the Doctor sit back and ask me, “So what can I do for you when you are alright?” I told him I am okie for now, but the symptoms disappeared so fast that I fear it might come back any time soon… He replied, “I am not here to predict here future, I do not know will it come back or not”.

I told the Doctor my plight since yesterday; but he is not at all sympathetic. In fact… he seemed to think I am here to cheat Medical Leave. Hello… I have already ended work for the day; I do not need MC for the day… And I have major meetings lined up for the entire week; hence even if I am given MC I still have to report back to work.

I am an adult here… I have plenty of ways to escape from work. Going to Doctor and declaring Flu is STUPID. I have more brains then that; like to fake a headache or stomachache instead.

I am so damn fucking pissed off!!!

And the best part… my sneezing came back during the bus ride home. And as I was ranting to Mummy when I reached home, she told me my voice has the ‘blocked-nose-voice”.

So my nose has something against me now… Playing all the silly tricks on me.

No comments: