Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Dear Bloggie,

Very upset. At work.

Background

I’m under 2 Director. Call one Active, and the other Passive.

Passive is the nice guy, whom is treating me like his assistant. Introducing me to colleagues (read: other Directors) worldwide, and also overseas suppliers (read: arranging to bring me to Supplier’s place for visits).

Active on the other hand, is a NUT. I’ve got to do his admin matters like air-tickets, and also some minor purchases like taking charge of the whole company’s stationary purchase, names cards, etc.

Last week, Passive entasked me to update the Procurement Council Member List. To explain, its to send out the spreadsheet to all Directors, nad ask them to update changes in their own division’s managers (if any).

And that, of coz includes my own Directors… Active.

Story

So this morning, after I’ve edited the spreadsheet I send it out to each individual Director, asking them to update. And 4hours later, just before lunch, Active replied back my email.

Angel,

You DO NOT ASK YOUR BOSS TO DO THINGS FOR YOU. You get the info for him.

If you do not know who reports to me, I suggest you ask XXX (Snr Mgr) for help.

Active (name changed to protect identity)


I was like ‘dot dot dot’.

After lunch, my Snr Mgr came to my rescue. He jokingly asked why I sent it to Active… I told him coz Passive said so. Instructions were to send to all Directors and get them to do the updates.

So Snr Mgr quickly asked me to email the spreadsheet, and he did the amendments, and send out an email to Active asking for some clarifications… I appreciate it. He did all the replying, and saving me from whatever shit I’ve got myself into…

And now, my Mgr just walked over and tell me its okie. Its no big deal, everyone gets this from him.

Conclusion

I feel like typing out my resignation letter this instant.

But guess what, Angel is not a quitter.

What wouldn’t kill me will only make me stronger. (okie, at least let me tahan 1 more year…)

PS: Come to think of it, I was in a pretty good mood this morning coz I manage to negociate the rental of a LCD Projector for Active’s meeting in Shanghai from RMB 1600 to RMB 600. And he just emailed me and praise me ‘Good Job’! He sure have the power to make or ruin my day…

-_-

No comments: