Thursday, April 03, 2008

Dear Bloggie,

Note that I’ve been updating on a daily basis. During office hours.

This is more then enough to show you how bored am I in the office…

Anyway, 3 things I want to share with you today.

I forgot my cell phone.

I left my cell phone on the side table beside me bed. You can’t say that I’ve got a terrible memory, because I can clearly remember where I left it. I felt so handicap without my cell, but just give me 3 hours more. I’m knocking off at 5pm, and I’ll go straight home to be reunited with my beloved cell.

Well, not that I’m expecting any calls/ sms and its not like I’ll have a plenty of sms and miss calls, but I just don’t feel comfortable without it. Its not any big deal, I have survive more then half the day without it anyway.

Lost weight

I have successfully shed of a couple of kilograms. That might mean nothing to you, but I can tell you Xin is a happy gal. And its not only the weight, I can feel a few inches gone from my waist. I can fit comfortably into my 599 from poly, thou its still tight. But I’ll continue to work on it, and I believe that I’m capable to losing a couple more kilograms.

This morning I was telling my mum before I leave the house that I lost some weight. She looks at me, and tells me, ‘Oh, okie. But you can still do with more weight lost…’

-_-

Where got mummies like that. Instead of giving her daughter encouragement, she put me straight down.

But well, its true that ever since I’ve start working I have gained plenty. But at least I’m shedding it off now right. Give me a couple more months. I believe I can make it.

Child abuse (Psychologically)

This is what I just head from my colleague over lunch. It true, it just happened yesterday.

I know we are still not of age to have a kids, and a maid looking after our kids. But just thought its nice to share this story, and to create some awareness…

Let’s name my colleague S.

S stayed at some condo at the eastern side of Singapore. She has 2 kids, a Girl (12 year old) and a Boy (5 year old). And she has a maid to help look after her kids and do the housework.

Her Girl is in Primary 6, and will normally reach home around 4pm. Her Boy on the other hand is in Kindergarden, and the school bus will drop him off at the Condo’s main gate at 11.30am. The maid will have to go down and pick the Boy up to the house. Maid is supposed to cook and feed the Boy, play with him and wait for the sister’s return. Maid is not allowed to leave the house, except to pick the Boy from the main gate of the condo.

Everything seemed normal right. Until on Monday, S called the house around 2pm. No one picks up her call. Gut feelings told her something is wrong, so she called her neighbor to help her go over to her house to check it out. Neighbor went over, and no one is at home. Something is seriously not correct.

She went home on Monday night, and questions the maid. Maid said sorry she sneak out, with the Boy, to post letter.

Okie, provide some background. The main gate of the condo is located at some ulu pandan road, that is totally not accessible unless on vehicles. While the back gate of the condo is nearer to the main road, only to be separated by a small cluster of semi-d houses. Hence to leave the condo on foot, it is normally possible only through the back gate. No issue with leaving through the back gate. But problems arised with you want to come in. A pass is needed, and the Maid has no pass.

When asked how she managed to come in through the back gate, she said she climbed over the walls. S thought it’s not too possible, as Maid is pretty fat, and S checked the back gate, there is no letch of any other object that could enable her to climb over. She got suspicious.

The very same night, S got her husband to go check out the CCTV records.

*thunder*

Maid lied. She did not climb over the gate to open the door. S’s Boy is the one who opened the door. That’s not the issue. Problem lies in how he managed to do it.

The gate, is not the ‘full length’ type. There is a void of approx 45cm from the ground. Maid got the boy to lie on his back, leg in first, and push him through the gate. He will then punch the button to release the gate for Maid to enter.

*graps*

S is crying at this point when she’s telling us this.

S is simply so heart-broken. To have her Boy being made used like this, to be taught to go under the gate like what a thief would do. She showed us the video on her cell phone. Honestly, I think it would break any mum’s heart to see their own kid in that situation.

S is determine that the Maid have to go. But before that, she needs to make a police report, to ensure that Maid have no means ever to return back to Singapore, to do harm to other families.

At the police station, the Cops tried to get information from the Boy. But the Boy said he cannot tell, it is a secret between him and the Maid. The Boy insisted in not telling after an hour. So the Cop got S to leave the room. An hour later, the Cop emerges, and told S that the Maid has told the Boy that Mummy and Daddy are evil. So Boy should not tell his parents about this outing. Should he divulge the outing, Maid would not love him and will not play with him anymore. And during the outings, Maid will bring him to a house, with flowers, cat and dog. And the Maid sleeps with a Man. When Cop asked why Boy is doing all these, did Maid promise him any rewards of any kind, Boy actually says his doing it for the Maid.

I call this plain EVIL.

How could you say that to a 5 year old. And how could you bring a 5 year old with you when you are going to a Man’s house for monkey business. I am no saint, but I think this Maid is simply atrocious, a devil may I add. (And oh, she’s a catholic).

I’m not saying all maids are bad and especially catholic ones. I came from a catholic school, and catholic has been my favorite religion by and far. I think at times, it just boils down to the person itself. S is always a kind-hearted lady, and has treated her Maid with respect. S is definitely not the abusive kind or unreasonable kind. So I guess, the problems really lies in this particular Maid.

Be alert Mummies, especially you leave your young ones at home with a maid. At times, we always thought the children are old enough and would inform should anything be amissed. But this is one classic example of how the Maid has brainwashed the children to let them do as they bid.

Okie, I have not intended this to be such a long post. But I guess I get too narrative at times hence you know…

Anyway, looking forward to the weekend!

I’m going for dinner and KTV with the Kingsmen people tomorrow, I cant wait to see the girls… and guy. And also clubbing on Saturday with QH and AC.

A weekend with my lovely ladies. Cant wait. =)

No comments: