Monday, October 12, 2009

Dear Bloggie,
This will be the "Harry-Potter-look-alike" Post - My Convoation 2009.
After a 2 years haitus from school, a break-up with Soulfly spurs me on to take a degree... the beginning was tough, after such a long break from school and having to cope Work with School. These 2 definitely dont go hand-in-hand... But nevertheless, I am proud that I have completed it against all odds!

Convocation was in the morning; I took half a day off from work. I do not have a white long sleeve top and I went through great lengths to get one - 4 visit to the shop at 3 different location. But I think I look pretty good in formal executive wear... =) I was not exactly early and the school is flooded with "Harry-Potter-look-alikes"... Was in the robing room with LW, but somehow we couldnt figure out how to hook up the robes... Time was running out and I got kan chiong; so I called SS in to help me with it... SS and me... As fate has it; we graduated together from the same Primary School, the same Secondary School, the same Polytechnic (albeit different course) and now... the same University. =) The ceremony lasted a long 1.5hours... which I spent the whole of it msn-ing Bestie (thank God for the wi-fi in the School's Grand Hall). My Family... Me... with the piece of Paper that is worth $22k. CK and me... a classmate from my Strategy class. Looking back at my Uni days, Strategy class has left the deepest impression. 13 hour classes that lasted from 8:30am to 9:30pm, having to crunch all the new business models in, racking my brains for all the Finance theories, Marketing strategies and Economics models that I have long forgotton. Attending the inter-class debates which always ended up with a heated arguement with other classes; and your own classmates will step in with models from the Text or facts from Case Study to support your arguments... I miss that feeling; the support you get from your own class even thou we are barely friends. Anyway... me and SS with the SIM bear... And this is SC - Lecturer from my Strategy Class... and it warms my heart when he said he came to the Convocation to see CK and myself walking up the stage. Our's is his last Strategy class as he has other commitments and could no longer take up further Strategy class; hence somehow I am briming with pride that I am one of the Student that he has "approved". =) GC, SS and me... I spent endless time with these Girls (and of coz a few others) at TCC around the Island. I would not have completed my Accounts, Finance, Economics, Business Law and etc without these Darlings... I am never good with Numbers; hence if not for the Girls' patience in coaching me with my Accounts and Finance, I guess I will never have got that B. =) Attempting to take a photo with the camera positioned at Level 2... Haha, but failed. =) And not forgetting this very important Friend I made in University... CL. There is just this unspoken chemistry between the both of us.. And just before the Convocation, CL annouced her Marriage Date... My warmest congratulations to her!

I am rushing back to the Office after Convocation hence I missed quite a number of Friends... and there are some photos that I am waiting for others to send to me... And I remmeber taking photos with LW and VL; where are all the photos?!?!

No comments: