Monday, May 31, 2010

Dear Bloggie,

The setting sun welcomes me to Changi Avaiation Centre last Saturday (29th June).. Such a beautiful sight; but the Butterflies in my stomach are fluttering a little too much for me to enjoy the pretty sight. All geared up for my 10km!!Now is the time.. waiting for the Flag Off.

The first 2km:

It is just pure horrible.. the road seemed to be never-ending. I'm considering of slowing down to a walk. But I persevere and break into a slow jog; and manage to find a momentum. I stop at the next water-point and took a sip of water; the next thing I know is my chest contracted and I was so afraid that I might just stop breathing.

Saw a shoe sole on the road.. bless that poor fellow.

The 2km - 5km:

I am already saying a silent curse to the Organiser as all the Distance Signages seemed to be lacking and even for that pathetic few that appear; the Distances somehow dont seemed accurate. I am still hanging on to that momentum; never stopping but wondering why am I torturing myself while I should be at SQ's Engagement Party.

Finally.. saw the U-Turn Point. But am seriously on the verge of fatique.

The 5km - 7km:

I know that once I stop jogging; I will lose the momentum and its hard to pick it up again. So I really put in my ultimate effort to not give up and continue that slow jog.. My target is to not stop till that 7km mark; but will there be a Distance Signage? So.. my next target is the next water-point. But wtf is the next water-point?

Saw my colleauges just across the Road and they are at their 3km..

The 7km - 8km:

Estimated distance.. but I break into a quick walk before I see the water-point. Really.. cannot make it. Every KM seems to stretch forever.. But for my pride in securing a good timing: I walk.. very fast. ^^

Saw someone being carried up the Ambulance.. just 2km more; wasted.

The 8km - 9km:

Alternate between walking and jogging.. Guess for every 200mtr I jogged; I walked for 100mtr. Saw the last water point and picked up a cup.. and I am glad I did. The 100 Plus seems to be the tastiest stuff I ever had and am craving for more with the sweet lingering taste on my tounge.

My First Medal!!

I am beeming with pride and that can of icy cold 100 Plus they push into my hands is like God-sent. ^^

My Results:

01:22:37

7min 23s faster then my target time!!

I took 00:38:32 to complete 5km.. which is way faster then my regular average for my weekly jog. ^^

Conclusion:

I think.. I did a great job and am proud of myself. Thou I am aching like mad now, but the sweet bitter victory is worth all very ounce of pain.

So.. what's next? ^^

6 comments:

Esther said...

Jia you!~! i'm sooo proud of you too!! The Big Walk! want or not? :P

Angel said...

Keke.. thansk ah!
Yaryar.. can can!! When is it ah??

Esther said...

18th July! but the registration not open yet :(

http://www.newpaperbigwalk.sg/

Angel said...

Okie dokie!! We go sign up.. and go K-Lunch after that. Perfect plan right?? *smile*

But its Big Walk.. we walkwalk and not run right?

Esther said...

haha yes... W-A-L-K hor... just pure walking.. :D

I like the k-lunch plan after that :D

Angel said...

Onz!! We'll WALK and TALK (and maybe lose 0.359756kg of FATS). Let me know when registration opens k!! And then we'll go do K-Lunch after that!! ^^