Monday, June 07, 2010

Dear Bloggie,

Its been one tiring but fantatic weekend!! The plans for Boyfriend's Birthday went went.. well, quite well. Glad that it has been one true memorable one for him.

Part 1 (5th June 2010)
Had asked Boyfriend to come pick me up at 11:45am on Saturday morning.. But ended up I made him waited coz I am not ready yet.. So anyway, this is our first destination!!
I made reservation for 2 at Jing @ One Fullerton for their Ala Carte Buffet since Boyfriend adore Dim Sum..

We got a nice corner sofa seat to ourselves as I made reservations early.. ^^Boyfriend got BIG HEAD!!! No wonder He likes the Muggs.. 大头一族!Boyfriend waste no time.. faster flip through the menu and we started ordering.. Me in my pretty new top!! Purposely bought a new top to celebrate Boyfriend's Birthday - keke.. I just need that one excuse to buy 1 more new top. First round.. Boyfriend loves that 叉烧酥!! He said the Pastry is done in the way he likes it; but I prefer the filling more. And not forgetting the Salted Egg Soft-shell Crab, which is another must-try!! Despite the Good Food, service was rather slow.. But its Boyfriend's Birthday you know!! So we're in a jolly mood and it didnt bother us one bit. So I made Boyfriend open up his Pressie while waiting for the Food to come.. ^^

I really got no idea what to buy.. so ended up buying something practical that He'll use. Boyfriend was chanting to me while opening the Pressie.. "I dont use atas pen, I dont use organiser".. But Mont Blanc sells more then just Pens and Organisers you know.. keke.

And after which.. we continue eating. I am so in-love with that Fried Scallops!! I got no idea what is that string-look-alike thing that is wrapping the scallop, but this is yummillious!! They do not Peking Duck, but substitude it with Chicken.. but it is still very good - Boyfriend likes that dish. The rest of the Dishes were okie, the Drunken Prawns is big and fresh.. but its the Wasabi Prawns that left and impression. I simply stuff the whole prawn into my mouth, and that wasabi choke me till I teared. Next up.. we uncovered another gem. The Sea Bass in Superior Soy Suace - the fish is so fresh and tender and a perfect match with the soy sauce. We had no less then 3 serving for this.. Boyfriend loves it to the max!!

The rest of the dishes were so-so; but I think its more of we're rather full by then. Boyfriend is making fun of my 小肚肚... -__- But this is not the end.. we had a Chilli Crab (yupz.. at 2pm) all to ourselves. A little too spicy for me and this dish dont really works with me, but nevertheless.. it does make an impression.

A scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream is the perfect way to end the meal. ^^

Took a slow stroll along the River.. Boyfriend said he has never took a photo with ther Merlion; I was teasing him to do so as to make his 30th year in Singapore; but he just refuse to do it. But tell you a 小秘密, I have never taken a photo with the Merlion too. ^^ I had plan to head down to MINT Museum after the heavy meal for a walk.. I even manage to get the Toy'r'us Star Card for a 15% discount. But well.. Birthday Boy said he is feeling sleepy; so we headed back to his place for a nap.

I was rather Thankful for that actually.. keke. Napping on a Saturdays after Lunch seemed to be my routine activity now.

Boyfriend forced me out of bed and reluctantly.. we head out for Dinner. We're early and manage to get a lot just outside the Restaurant.. there is a mini Parrot Park just beside. Err, rather scary actually coz they are all not tied up and they are quite huge in size. Dinner is at Chang Korean BBQ @ Demspey.. Shortly after ordering.. we were served an assortment of small dishes. The Tofu is goood. ^^Some.. Premium Beef Ribs which cost half the bill. And the Marinated Pork.. which turns out to be sweeter that it is like a meatier version of our Bak Kwa. But the taste does well with me; I like it alot!! The waitress did all the BBQ-ing for us.. the beef is really worth the price. I am not a fan of Beef, but the meat does not have the usual Beefy taste that I dislike.For someone who dont eat at Vegetable at all; I am even rather surprise that I finished up all the Vegetables served for the BBQ all by myself.. I am loving this raw veggie and I dont even mind wrapping just rice and the sauce and stuff the entire thing into my mouth. ^^

Anyway.. this is really good. ^^The Marinated Pork.. which is so good. Seriously.. no more Seoul Garden for me from now onwards.

Boyfriend.. who is super not full after the meal as he didnt want to order too much worrying that the bill will be a little too big for me. After our meal at Chang, we left the place and took a slow walk around Demspey.

And we headed down to Vivo for some Kopi and Soy Bean Milk.. before we catch a show. Boyfriend commented that all my planning is all over the place (One Fullerton - Bugis - Dempsey - Vivo City), but well.. all down town right. Its not like I plan something in Tampines followed by Jurong. :p

This is how.. Boyfriend spend his 30th Birthday. But that's not all.. there is just a little something more plan for him; coming up the following day. ^^

No comments: