Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Dear Bloggie,

Part 2 (6th June 2010)

I was actually more excited about the execution of Part 2 as more people are involved and that makes it alot harder to roll out. But nevertheless, I think the whole plan went on well and what matters most is.. Boyfriend is really happy. ^^

It took me much effort to track down some key perssonels from each different group of Friends (Thank God for Facebook) and from there communications via Facebook, MSN and emails starts kicking in. It was definately a challenge to gather so many of his Friends behind his back.. But after I got an estimated headcount, I start to short list the venue that I could hold the Party.

I contacted no less then 5-6 places.. and in the end, I chose Urban Spoon. They are not the cheapest, but they gave me the best menu. I do not want to serve the Guest with frozen deep-fired items that seems so much like a Kids Meal; and also there is a big Car Park with high turn-over rate.

Due to the huge number of Guests invited, there are numerous times that news of the Party accidentally leaks out to him. He told me he caught a glimsp of my email when I was checking it at the Singapore Airport while waiting for the flight to Hong Kong. The system at the Boarding Area is real slow and could not shut down when I saw him approaching. He said he saw Hot Teacher email-ing me and that's kind of weird. ^^

Pals from work.. ^^

I had a hard time tricking him to Jalan Kayu.. he got pretty angry after we walked the stretch of Jalan Kayu (too early so gotta kill some time) in the hot sun; and after which I told him I no longer wants to eat Prata. I finally have no choice.. but to tell him there is a Surprise Party for him.

His reaction: I need to go home and change.

-__-" So we quickly went back to his place and got his Baby Brother to pass us a top. He asked me who I invited.. and kinda freak out that I actually invited so many people.

We finally reach the place.. just before 6pm. ^^ There is already quite a crowd and everyone seems to be in a chirpy mood. That's when Boyfriend told us.. the biggest leak of leaks. He was sitting at Kitty Man (the one in Pink) cubicle in the Office.. and there is this 1 email sitting in his Outlook Mailbox that caught his attention.. "Liwei's Surprise Party". But Boyfriend had thought that the Surprise Party would take place the day before, hence when it did not.. he thought its just a suggestion that did not take place.

Special Thanks to 5511 for helping with the co-ordinating of the people from Work.. and Thanks for coming down despite having to rush off to a Wedding Dinner after the Party. ^^

Pals from NTU Hall 1..

Hot Teacher gave me the contacts to all the People from School.. I then sms-ed each and everyone of them and got their email addresses to send them the invites. 5511.. is not only his Pal at Work; but also from the same Hall. ^^

I have arrange for some light refreshments (Sussages wrapped in Bacon, Tuna on Cucumber and Meat Spring Rolls) to be served around while the Guest slowly comes in. And at 6pm.. the Buffet started.

The Cream of Mushroom is very well-recieved.. I had a bowl and I loved it. There are plenty of Mushrooms and it just taste so good. There are also Apple and Orange Salad, Pineapple Fried Rice, Lemon Grass Pan-fried Dory, Char-boiled Chicken, Roasted Lamb with Rosemary Baby Potato.. and Fries (specially for Baby Athena). I also ordered a Fruits Bread Pudding for Desserts.

Boyfriend's biggest pressie of the nite: A 23inch Samsung Tee Vee!! I knew he had wanted to change the 14inch TV in his room.. so I told his Secondary School Friend. But I had only remembered to tell them this important piece of news just days before the Party.

So sorry to Belly Man.. who is tasked to find the TV. And his GF - NiuNiu.. had been to task to bid for close to 20 Mighty Muggs on eBay prior to the TV. She said she has won quite a bit of the bids.. and she got scolded by the Seller when she told him she no longer wants it. :x

Boyfriend with Baby Ryan.. he loves Baby Ryan to bits and pieces. But what are the 2 of them looking at.. ^^The Party went on well.. many sits around catching up. Boyfriend is really very very happy. ^^Boyfriend with the Girls from Secondary School.. Pretty Designer has been very very helpful in helping with the co-ordination with the Girls. ^^ With the Boys from Secondary School.. ^^ And then.. its cake cutting time!!

I ordered an Angie the Choice cake with a Round Boy's Face as.. I think it looks like Boyfriend. ^^ And the candles.. I bought it from BKK.; pretty right??

Boyfriend with the Cake.. he is seriously very happy the entire night. That smile not once left his face.. ^^Us... ^^Asking him to make a wish after we sung him the Happy Birthday Song.. look at that face; I wonder what wish he made. He refuse to tell me; and said 我说出来就不灵了. The candles are burning out fast.. ^^The few Guys from Work.. 5511 and a few left early. The whole bunch from Uni + their Wifeys & GFs.. ^^ (But why am I not in the picture)With the Secondary School Friends.. Baby Ryan is already sleeping. ^^Everyone is telling him the Face Cake really looks like him.. So Boyfriend tried to comb up his Hair, just like the Face Cake. Speaking of Hair.. Boyfriend said he didnt gel up his hair so not handsome.. si bei hiao leh. Tsk tsk.. Cut cake cut cake.. then after that I took over. More Pressies.. Boyfriend recieved this Big Transformer from some of his Uni Pals. I almost freaked out when he said he wants to start collecting it.. CCY's fault!! 怂恿 him to start collecting new series of Toys.. not cheap sommore leh!! The Party ended close to 9pm and together with his Uni Pals we headed down to OCC for Bowling. Yupz.. Bdae Boi is playing while the Girlfriend just sits around. Out of 7 players.. 4 came with their personal bowls. They really meant business. Well.. lucky I am not playing.. 他们不是Spare,就是Strike。。都不是泛泛之辈。Other then Roomie's Girlfriend, none scored less then 100 and with 1 who score more then 200. Scary can.. They all really know how to play one!!

So with that.. it ended all the Birthday Celebration for Boyfriend's 30th Birthday. He told me it has been a real memorable one for him and he really had a very very good weekend.

And oh.. my little boy said he slept only at 3am on Sunday coz he was too happy and excited to go to bed.. cute. ^^

No comments: