Saturday, August 28, 2010

Penang Part 1

Dear Bloggie,

Penang Part 1

Well.. this trip happened more then 1 month back!! I am already looking forward to my next holiday; but first.. gotta clear all the bad log. ^^


Day 1 (29th July)

Its my Birthday!! Woke up feeling sick coz I came down with flu.. real bad timing but its my Birthday and nothing can dampen my mood. ^^

Mummy send me down to the Airport with Boyfriend.. and we realised the flight is delay. Feeling super lethargic.. we went for a place to sit down and have some food.

We went to Sakae... Me.. its my birthday and nothing can gets me down - not that flight delay and not that flu.
After a heaty meal at Sakae.. my flu got a lot more worse so we headed to MacDonalds for something warm.
The flu gets sooooo much worse that Boyfriend bought me some meddy and more tissue paper. *sigh* Quite sad you know.. coz its my Birthday.
Us.. waiting to board the plane..
And see.. this is the First time I'm travelling on my Birthday!!
We reached Penang in no time.. and Boyfriend bought me a waffle (peanut butter and chocolate!) to munch on while he settle the transportation back to Hotel. His treating me like a Princess truout the entire trip coz its my Birthday and I'm so not feeling well..
Then.. we took a cab to G Hotel.
Its located meters away from the Sea, right beside Gurney Shopping Centre and a 2 min walk from Gurney Drive. A very good hotel thats in a perfect spot.
Our room.. which is surprising Big and Clean.


A little while later.. KL called!! She is also in Penang and staying in the same Hotel as us.. so we meet up and headed down to MacDonald some some bites and chats. ^^


I am real tired with the travelling and flu.. so I retired back to the room early and Boyfriend tuck me to bed.


What a way.. to celebrate my Birthday.


Day 2 (30th July)


Slept in a little later coz the flu is still getting the better of me. Meet up with KL and and EH around noon at the Hotel Lobby.. EH is amazing; he drove up hundreds of miles from Singapore to Penang. So after meeting up with that couple, we went off in their Little Black Car for some food.
At some Kopitiam.. supposedly famous for 'I-cannot-remember-what'.
So aniway.. we had some Penang Char Kway Tiao, Fried Rice, Beef Noodle and this 'Lor Bak' dish.. which is like our 'Nghoh Hiong'; but I absolutely likes!! It comes with the sweet sauce which we can hardly find it in Singapore now. ^^
After the meals.. EH drove to some Local Specialty Store so we could pick up some Piahs back to Singapore.. I like Tau Sar Piah you know. ^^
Its some Famous Brand I think.. the store is renovated in an authentic way which feels so much like a Touristy Trap.
After the Piahs.. we drove down to see the Temple of the Reclining Buddha.
Then to another 'blink-blink' Buddha..
I know this is not a very clear picture.. but this little thing here is our life line at Penang. I never thought much of GPS, but this really helps us so much on the road.
So.. we travelled a long long journey. From 1 end of the island to the other end.
For all this yummy fruits. ^^
We shared 5 Durains among the 4 of us.. actually its more of KL and myself ate 1/2 a durain while the guys ate 2 each. The Durain Feast ended with some complimentary Rambutans from the Boss!!
Their Little Blackie that travelled hundreds of miles.. ^^
Then we headed down to Queensbay Mall.. need to walk a little to ease that full tummy.
Stopped by this Herbal Stall for some 'liang' stuff.. turn out they served some of the meanest-tasting stuff ever.
Swing back to the Hotel.. Boyfriend bought some Fries for Hipopo!! Keke.. actually its me. I have this serious craving for Fries lately.


Thought a nap would be good.. but we ended up changing and head down to the pool with KL and EH. This is a truly relaxing trip.. ^^
Meet up again later in the evening.. and we drove along the coast line in search for Seafood!! Found 1 that looks good.. and guess what!! We ordered 7 dishes for the 4 of us!!
Me & Boyfriend while waiting for the food.. ^^
We polished off the food in no time.. and total damage: RM 110.20. Which is aroung SGD 50 for all that food.


A little too early to end the day.. we went to G Spot - the Lounge in G Hotel. Chilled out a little and the flu bugs gets the better of me and we headed back to the Room.


After such a long time.. I finally churn out Part 1. I've uploaded the photos for Part 2 (which is shorter) so I guess it'll be out in no time. And while I'm updating for Penang.. I am already looking forward to my next vaccation. ^^

No comments: