Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dear Bloggie,

I know I have not updated for... a very very long time. I still got quite a bit that I want to update:

1. Penang Birthday Trip
2. Birthday Dinner with Spoofy
3. Birthday Dinner with DG
4. YOG as seen from Office
5. Dinner with Besties
6. I'm the First!!

Okie.. quite a long list.

But before I find time for that... maybe just an update about my life now.

Work is not as good as I thought it would be. The initial phase is horrible as I have this Mentor who has this 'you-go-figure-out-yourself' attitude. I came to work on Week 1 Day 1 with so much positive vibes; but it is quickly replaced with low moral and question marks. I'm tasked to update the system (with some 1-liner instructions) and asked to issues cheques (w/o any instruction but armed with some invoices).

I am at the verge of throwing in the towel by Day 3... but I gave myself a prep talk and with mych 'sayang sayang' by Boyfriend; I came to work on Day 4 with Determination made of Steel and believe that I can conquer the World!! With that... thou it is no where near smooth sailing, but I begin to feel happier and Week 1 quickly come to an end.

Ermm.. the culture in this Small Office is kind of weird. The Office is perpetually quiet like a Ghost Town during most part of the day. Noone walks around for small talks, no radio and no nothing. And worst... they do not lunch together. I find myself loitering the streets of Robinson Road and Shenton Way during Lunch, trying to not look lost in this Concrete Jungle (which is definitely not easy). Everywhere is filled with people... I totally cannot find a place to settle down ALONE. Thank God for Friends who worked nearby (buzz me if you work in Town kae!!), I manage to meet up with them for Lunches once in a while... But its alright!! Xin is a Big Girl and I can survive in the City!!

Week 2 simply pass by... and I made a pact with Boyfriend that I will stay here for at least 1.5 years. And the short term reward will be a 1 Week Holiday in Early December.

The Drama came in Week 3 (which is.. now). Boss suddenly decided to be 'not-so-kind' (which reads: NASTY) to me for some work-related stuff.. remember I wasnt given a proper training at first hence there are certain stuff in the Office that I'm still trying to figure out. And Boss just decided to last out at me at Week 3 Day 2.. I can feel myself turning Red and bursting into tear at that moment.

Meet up with Bestie for Dinner and had a talk with Boyfriend after that Drama Week 3 Day 2. I do not feel better.. but am all determine to pay some (80% of my Salary) Penalty to the Agency and leave. That was a rash decision and when I came to my senses on Week 3 Day 3, I realised that 80% of my Salary is a rather substancial amount of money to me. So I changed my mind and intend to brave through the stormy days ahead before I fullfill the contractual terms and leave.. So pray hard for me kae pple!!

Work has been hectic... And I'm meeting the Boyfriend for Dinner almost everyday... Weekend has been filled with plans... Xin is a busy girl in one way or another.

Till my next entry... Which I hope will be Penang Part 1, I assue you I will still be good so no worries about me. ^^

No comments: