Friday, February 10, 2006

Dear Bloggie,

Truly upset.

Alex (my boss) rejected my leave.

He said this is a very bad time to be taking leave as Lynn will just nicely have gone for a maternity leave. And he can foresee that Lynn’s department will be chaotic without admin staff around during the transactional period.

He gave me 3 choices.

  1. To go before Lynn goes on maternity leave
  2. Cut short the trip and be back on the 1st week of March
  3. Postpone the trip

At that point of time, I feel like throwing in the letter and tell him sayonara!

Boss: This is very bad timing, this is a pretty wild decision on your part, disregarding the company interest. And the management is actually thinking of promotion for you. And going off during the important transition period is really a very wrong decision.

Me: Frankly speaking, I don’t know what plans management have for me. In fact I feel so damn insecure coz there’s already a new girl in to take over my stuff. I’ve no idea what’s in store for me when Lynn’s back. (Tearing…)

Boss: If you could adapt well into Lynn’s position while she’s away, then that position will be yours for good (or till I want a change in career path – in another words “Resign”) or something like that.

So to conclude, he rejected my leave. But at least I gain knowledge of what’s going to happen to me after Lynn’s come back.

Boss: Of course we will want to make everyone happy, to make every situation a win-win situation.

Me (thinking): You already rejected my leave, its confirm a lose-lose situation for me what…

Boss (cont…): So ….. (Then he gave me the 3 choices).

Me: Can I postpone the trip till end March? Coz my ticket is valid till end March. I got to depart before March ends… (Bullshit de. I have not even book the air tickets.)

Boss: Okie… I’m more comfortable with you leave end of March. At least its a few weeks after the transition period. It’ll make the handing over and catching up part easier for everyone…

Me: But I’ll still take a total of 10 days…

Boss: (okie, I cant really remember what he say)

So to conclude, I’ll postpone my trip till the end of March.

Fuck, I’m sad.

No comments: