Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Dear Bloggie,

In the office now.

Upset. Very very upset.

Just had an argument with xiang.

Over my birthday.

Which is kind of lame.

I just wanted to know when he wants to celebrate my birthday with me. Is it that difficult?? Birthday is one of the most important even to me every year. I grew up in a family where birthday are celebrated. When I was young, I would have a celebration at my maternal and paternal grandparents house respectively. And another in school. My Mummy or Auntie will buy me a big cake and a varieties of candies to distribute in school. Up till primary 4 if my memory didn’t fail me. Since young, birthdays are always a big thing to me.

And now, people are asking me when can I meet up for birthday dinners, and I cant give them any answer. I’ve to work. I’ve limited amount of weekends to spare. And I’m tired. But I would like to see everyone. It’s a fantastic time and excuse to meet up with long time no see buddies for a catch up. But I want to give my piority to Xiang. So all I’m asking for is a date.

I know I told him I wanted a surprise. But I really need to work things out. I don’t want to spend my birthday at home doing nothing, or wasting the afternoon doing nothing. I wanted plans.

All I got from him, is that birthdays are nothing to him. He can tell me I like birthday and cakes. But he don’t. but he can effort eat a slice of cake and celebrate it with me for my sake. And I don’t like vegetables, but he love it. So am I going to start eating veg for his sake??

He makes it as if celebrating my birthday needs a lot of effort and it sounds like a forced event.

If he doesn’t want to celebrate it with me, I’m sure I can always find others.

Note: Boss just called me in. I’ve an increment. My first and should be the best present. :)

No comments: