Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dear Bloggie,



Today is the third day of the working week, last week of May.



Time passes so fast.



1. Cardigan I forgot to bring my cardigan to work today; and apparently it’ll rain later on in the day… My office temperature might reach a new low with the rain, and without the cardigan,



I think I’ll just freeze to death. I think I’ll have to survive on hot tea today…



2. Dinner with CSK



I had wanted to rest early on Monday, but I ended up going Orchard to meet CSK for dinner. I have not meet up with him since Secondary School I guess, and maybe bumped into him once or twice during the Poly days since we’re both in TP, but his in Business while I’m in Engineering. It was in impromptu arrangement, but his been asking me out for ages but I can’t find time… So yesterday I finally drag myself down to Orchard to meet him for dinner.



CSK has not change, given that he is still a full time student in university now. Going out with him seemed like I’m going out with my baby brother… But well, we still had a great time catching up.



3. Jetstar Promotion



Today EH msn me yesterday and tell me Jetstar is having promotion, again.



So I just log on to take a look… Mistake.



The same itinerary that I have booked cost $261/pax now. That is like a $100 savings!!



I am …… *speechless*



4. Company Election Day



My company has a Quality Work Life (QWL) committee. The main function of this committee is to organize various events to promote quality work life in the office… Basically, it’s just to take on more duties to create fun for everyone. And every year, this committee of 10 is being nominated by fellow colleagues. They actually renamed this “Dua Li Ki Si” Day (Loosely translated as a Sabotage Day)…



Apparently this is an extra workload, hence most of them shun away from the committee… As usual the newbie always kanna such thing; hence I have already caught wind that Procurement is listed as a “Sacrifice Department”… Remember I once mentioned that everyone in my department is all here for many years… As there are hardly any new comers, hence Procurement hardly produces any committee members… They finally wait till my arrival, how in the world they will let me go.



I cannot remember much about the benefits of the committee members, but I do remember that committee members get 2 days extra leave after their 1 year term. So it’s not that bad after all I guess… I could do with extra leave… =)



Lets Jia You together!!

No comments: