Monday, May 05, 2008

Dear Bloggie,

.Monday.
.mood: tired.

Long wordy post ahead… As I’ve got a long weekend to update.

.wednesday.

After work on Friday, I went down to Bishan for dinner with HF and JN. Have to seen JN ever since we graduation from Primary School, so its been… 13years?

Anyway, dinner was kind of weird. It might be because we have not meet for 13 years, and hence there are hardly any common topic or friends. It’s not helping that JN is a Doctor and HF is an Auditor by profession, different societal level therefore even language and habits are entirely different. I welcome the idea of KTV after dinner with them, as it seemed to be a pity to part ways before 8pm, and it is really difficult to engage in a lively conversation all the while.

After KTV I took a train down to Harbor Front and meet up with QH, CW and DL. QH and I wanted to go Dragonfly, but the queue looks long. Therefore the guys brought us to Boilers Room. Boilers was fine, the live band looks good. But the crowd looks pretty passive to me at 12am. Even then classics like ‘dancing queen’ is played, everyone was simple crowding round the stage. No dancing, no lip-syncing.

We got a little bored, so we walked back to Dragonfly. The queue was okie by my standard, it would take at most 30min, but the guys was not so enthusiastic about it. Hence they suggested going to Double O. So the 4 of us went down to Double O, to find another crowd waiting for us. Not willing to start queuing at 1am in the morning, 4 of us stood at Mohd Sultan, looking for back up plans. CW commented that we have 2 cars as transport, and not to mention company. But yet we got no place to go… So, we did what we could do best with 4 people – MAHJONG!

Reached my house at 2am, and we started our Mahjong session. We played 1 and a half round, and I won 2 times only. Can imagine how low morale I felt? My drawer was empty the entire time, till the second last game. But fortunately, my last win was a ‘5 tai zi mo’… I recouped my base, and walk off with 3bucks in the end. =) The game ended at 5.30am, and I slept at 6am… Tired.

.thursday.

Stayed at home and work on my Marketing Communication Essay… But frankly speaking, I was slacking away most of the time. Meet AC and DL for supper at night. Wanted Ponggol nasi lemak, made them go all the way down to Kovan, only to find the stall not open. *disappointed* And I am still craving for it now...

But nevertheless, we chatted over drinks till 11+, and I made my way home.

Boring Thursday.

.friday.

No plan day again.

Finished up my essay in the morning, and spend the afternoon watching my Korean serial drama… Slack till evening and went to Bishan for dinner with HY and JS. Dinner was at Swenson, we finished off the meal with an Earthquake. I love ice-cream. =) Its been ages since we meet up with JS, we updated each other on our lives, gossip a little on ex-colleagues and that ends our little gathering.

After that it is home sweet home for me.

.saturday.

I had a Marketing Communication Revision class on Saturday afternoon. During break time, I was chatting with my classmates. And I realized I have written out of point for my Essay. I hope the tutor will give me a pass for it, if not I might have to retake the module if I fail my Assignment portion.

After class I went down to Plaza Singapura to meet QH for dinner. As I was still early, I settled down at TCC with a book. QH arrived an hour later, and we went to Thai Express for dinner. The green curry is yummy albeit too spicy, but nevertheless, I love it! We finished dinner at 7plus, and we took a train to Harbor Front.

Oh yes, we are going to Dragonfly. =)

It was pretty disappointing that we came all the way to St James on Wednesday night, only to leave without even setting foot into dragonfly. Hence we decided that since the guys don’t like it, we can go alone. We do not need “quantity” of friends to club, we just need “quality” of friends. =) This is something WJ thought me when I was still in poly.

We reach at 8pm (shockingly early I know, but we have a seat the entire night), and drinks was on 50%. At first we order a bottle of Heineken and a jug of vodka orange. QH could not resist the temptation of Happy Hour, and order another bucket of Heineken… She was downing the drinks fast, and I got pretty worried. By midnight, she’s almost gone. Even the ‘do-not-drink-beer’ Xin also had 2 bottles of Heineken to prevent her from drinking any more.

We left at 3pm; her friend came by to pick us up.

Gut feeling told me his interested in her, thou she deny. Who in the world will come pick you up at 3pm after clubbing… I’ve got a free ride home, I’m not complaining. =)

.sunday.

There is a lunch appointment with my maternal granny for an early mother’s day gathering. Mum said to reach Hong Xing at 11am, so leave home at 10.30am. So I set my alarm for 9.30am. My mum actually woke me up at 8.30am to ‘remind’ me that I got to wake up at 9.30am. I was furious!! I had a little too much to drink the night before; I slept close to 4am with a spinning head. So technically speaking, I slept for 4.5hrs. I could do 5hr actually, if my Mum did not wake me up at 8.30am. And my dad is also another one. I woke at 9.30am, but my brother was a step ahead of me to the bathroom. So I zombie around the living room waiting for the bathroom. By the time that vain pot brother of mine came out from the bathroom, its 9.50am. We’re supposed to leave the house at 10.30am, but by 10.15 my Dad wanted to leave the house. I was still drawing my eyebrows in my room when I heard them opening the gate, and seconds later, my Mum came knocking at my door. She said everyone’s waiting for me.

But hello! Its only 10.15am… What happened to the initial agreed 10.30am? Hands up if you have parents like mine; don’t cheat! I know yours are just like mine. =p

A long queue awaits us at Hong Xing… What’s new? I’ve done plenty of queuing up this long weekend. After a 45min wait, we finally got a table. Did I mention that it’s only me and my brother queuing? My aunts and cousins were clever enough to come ‘fashionably late’; my parents dropped us off at the restaurant and went down to pick my Granny up from her house. Late night plus a slight hang-over is not helping too…

But the meal is great, I love dim sum.

Took a lift from my parents down to Bugis to meet QH, as usual… I was early. I walked around Bugis, bought some stationery. Chatted to AY a little on the phone, and finally QH reached at 1.30pm. Accompany her to HK Café for lunch; I was utterly disgusted with my drink. It was so damn sweet. After that we walked to the library to study.

The library was packed! It must be because it’s the exam period now; hence all students flocked to the library. It’s not helping that they put up an Art Exhibition at the Central Landing, occupying plenty of precious seat space. So we walked back to Bugis, and settled down at TCC. It was I think close to 4pm. We started studying for 30min? The waitress came over and ‘throws us out’… It really was a fruitless day in terms of studies. I have not even completed Chapter 1, and I’ve got 6 Chapters in total.

Since its still early… 2 girls did what we could do best. Shopping!

This is going to be a tough month for my credit card.

Total Damage:-

Mphosis pants
Mphosis belt
Fashion Lab top
No brand dress
No brand top
3 pairs of earrings
Muji Acrylic Box with 2 sets of compartments
More stationary since Muji was on sales

I realized that I have so many earrings that my Muji Acrylic Box is not enough to hold all. Since Muji was on sales yesterday, I bought another one. =)

Quite a long shopping list right and we covered it less than 3 hours. =)

That’s my long weekend.

Got to start studying after work… Time is running out. =)

I just applied for my exam leaves (13th, 20th and 22nd May) and my colleagues are asking why my leaves are ‘jumping’ around and not in sequence… I too wish I am applying leave for a holiday. But this is exams!! It is beyond my control… Haha.

Right now, I’m busying with planning the upcoming HK trip in end July. I am so looking forward to it!!

That’s all for now… Have a great week people!!

No comments: