Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dear Bloggie,

I'm still slogging on my 4500 words Strategy paper. And I really think my besties are all alcoholic. Why am I that sure? This is because one is drinking at Pan Pac, the other is drinking at Chijmes. And me, at Mac churning out my Strategy paper.

Had a long conversation with my Strategy Lecturer on Friday, and just saw and email from him.

Hi Angeline,

Just the following comments on your case notes.

Pages 1 and 2 are basically descriptive (recap of case facts): could look for opportunities to do a little analysis here and there.

Page 3: descriptive up to part "An Agency Relationship". Starting at that point, some good observations seen.

On structure - note that you're descriptions of structure sound about right (since the case evidence only gives facts and descriptions). Note however that the only way to know for sure just what type of structure you are looking at is to look at the actual org chart in order to evaluate.

On SBU form... item a): Why not related constrained?

Hope this helps,
Sherman

PS only spoke to maybe four of you, so don't know yet about Tuesday afternoon. Will try and chase a couple of people for their views.

PPS it was a pleasure talking to you yesterday afternoon and evening - really appreciate you going to your marketing class late to talk to me - hope you found it worthwhile. After exams (say December) would like to share a coffee with you. I feel you can handle grad school, would like chance to see if I can convince you of this.

Did you see the PPS... His really serious about it I guess. He talked to me on Friday, saying that he spotted qualities in me moving on to MBA after my degree. I told him I wasn't too sure about it and somehow, I think his just kidding me. Well, I'm one who scored like 41/100 for my past 2 Strategy papers, and now you're telling me I have the cut for a MBA? But deep down, I am flattered. It pleased to me know that someone of some academic standing actually thinks I can make it for higher learning... =)

No comments: