Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dear Bloggie,

Its been ages since I did a photo post!

Since I'm more or less done with my Strategy... Its time for a little break. =)

3rd - 4th Oct (Bintam, Indonesia)



This is the first time I travelled to Bintam, and first time I'm traveling via Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal (TMFT), and first time I'm taking a ferry all on my own. =) Took half day leave, and drove down to TMFM. And this begins my impromtu short break with Bestie, at Boarding Gate 4...

Ferry was delayed... But its alright... I'm equiped with my favorite book, btw... this is a good book. Its the 3rd installment that stem out from eragon.

And not forgetting... Hipopo! How can I travel without him... =)

Walking to the jetty... That's the ferry I'm going to take.

Gloomy weather... The water's pretty choppy. I got a little sea-sick.

Finally, I reached!! This is the room I'm going to bunk in with Bestie for the next day or so. We're at Nirawana (I think..), the room is good!! I'll definitely go back there again.

While Hipopo rest in the room and help us look after the room, Bestie and myself went for a teabreak.. =) The orange juice is fresh.. I like it!

Sky turns dark after 6pm.. This is the edgeless pool, its pretty!

We took a internal shuttle bus to this restaurant, Kelong. For a long-awaited seafood dinner at a restarant on silts.. =)

The food is so-so, nothing fantastic to boost about. We ordered the set meal for two, and there is a little too much food for 2 girls.. Oh, the chicken is nice!

Take a look at the crab... The claw, is the size of the metal spoon. -_-"

There is a little walkway constucted on silts connected to a bar. Bestie and I walked out and stood in the middle of the walkway. Lots of stars shinning bright above us, and the moon casted a long trail of light on the sea. It is breath-taking... We simply stood there basking in the pretty sight, and time seemed to have stopped as the sea is calm and still. And oh, Besties saw a shooting star! (I missed it... Damn it.)

We hopped on the shuttle bus again, and it brought us to a Beach Club - La Luna. (Angel sings 'La.. la luna luna le. La luna lu.. Na na na...') I tried Korean Shoju! I had it cold... and.. its too strong for me. I cannot take it. You know in the Korean dramas, when they gulp down the Shoju, they will squezze their face into a lump. I can now fully understand the rationale behind it. Shoju has a bitter and pungent taste, you cannot help but give that squashed expression. The alcoholic content is damn high that the burning sensation down your throat is instant. Well, I didnt manage to finish the entire bottle. Even my alcoholic Bestie starts waving her white flag at the bottle of Shoju...

And with that, we called it a night... =)

Woke up bright and early the next morning... We still have time to spare, so we took a walk down the beach.

I'm never a 'Beach' person.. Give me a city and I can go shopping in a pair of heels from 10am - 10pm. But the beach really took my breath away... (in a way..). Look at the color of the sea.. Pretty right?

Let's take a closer look... The water is clear! It is enticing enough for me to take off my slippers, hold it in my hands and walk alond the costal line... Frankly, I do like it. And I am surprise that I actually enjoyed myself at a Beach.

After the walk, we went back to the room to wash the sand off our feet. And we lay back, and watched 'Bugs Life' on cable.. Ironic right. Two girls who are terrified by bugs are actually watching 'Bugs Life' till we almost miss check-out time.

After check-out, we still had time to spare before catching the ferry back to Singapore. So we went back to the cafe once more. For my 2nd glass of orange juice. And that nachos you see at the background, its damn delicious!

The cafe is located at a prime sport; it sits right in the middle of the Resort. We're seated at the balcony area, and thats the view of the resort.

Me and Bestie... =)

Journey back to Singapore. Bright and sunny, but the water's choppy again...

And with that... its the end of my short get-way with Bestie. =)

Its not the end....

14th Oct (Ah-mei Concert)

After we reached TMFT, I sent Bestie home then went home. Time's running out, I rushed home and took a quick shower. RL came by and sent me down to Singapore Indoor Stadium. All thanks to him, I manage to reach on time! Coz upon arrival, I realised that I do not know how to get to the road that leads to Singapore Indoor Stadium, and demand seemed to have exceed supply for the parking lots.

Before the concert starts...

Ah-mei is pitch perfect, and her voice is damn powerful! We could sing to all her love ballets, and her dance numbers also got us on out feet.

Well, I had a fantastic time... =) The concert got into a very high 'mode', and with reluctance (from both Ah-mei and the audiences), we call it an end at 11.20pm.

Last photo before my camera went low batt. =)

DQ swing by and pick me up... Had supper and I reached home at 2am.

And you know what's the best part... I have to attend a 13hr class on 6th Oct. =p

No comments: