Monday, February 16, 2009

Dear Bloggie,

A brand new week…

Long long post ahead…

Did you have a good Valentine’s Day?

Well… I know I did.

With Friends.

In fact, ‘Celebration’ began on Friday night. Arranged for a trip to DF with a hidden agenda not known to many, and we’re really glad that it turned out to be a success somehow. QH and I have a little alcohol overdose, the music that night is good, so both of us went a little overboard… somehow. I bite someone (not once, but twice) after losing a few (ermm… actually its many) “Five Ten” games, puke on the journey home, and fulfill a partial promise to a friend… Not too sure if any other thing happened, I was rather intoxicated that night. But I seriously have not had so much fun at DF for the longest time ever. =)

Woke up the following morning and got drag out for a Dim Sum Lunch at Hong Xing while I’m trying to nurse a hangover. The urge to puke at the sight of food hover all through Lunch… Finally made my way home, “concussed” for another hour on bed, Grouchy Bear dropped by to pick me up and send me to Orchard to meet QH, watched “Slamdog Millionaire” at Shaw, spent $80 on Dinner at Sun with Moon, took a train down to meet KL and her guy, had much fun with Taboo at Mind’s Café, and KL’s guy sent us back home.

A rather eventful day…

Got lazy on Sunday, but still made my way down to Suntec to meet QH as we’re trying to source for cheap airfare and accommodations for a upcoming trip to Taiwan.

It was a very hot day, and in the MRT trip down to City Hall… Saw this family that triggers a cord in my heart. A Father was in the cabin I was in with his son (around 5 yo) and daughter (around 3 yo). The little girl has a “Cash Converter” plastic bag in her hand which holds a Barbie Doll set. Through out the short journey, she was tentatively looking at the graphics at the back of the box, pointing out some little details to her brother who patiently listen to her while the Father looks at the pair with Love… A sweet dimpled smile hangs on the little girl’s face throughout the journey, and watching her… brings a smile not only to my face, but straight down to my heart.

What I see is a Loving Father who is trying his very best to provide for his children within his best ability, a Innocent Child holding a second hand toy but is brimming with happiness, a Passerby (me) overcome with Guilt for not appreciating the things I have and yet lamenting over what I do not have.

It takes moment like this to let me realized how Fortunate I am. Being the first child in the family, I never have hand-me-down items from siblings and cousins… not to mention second-hand from strangers. Growing up in a Loving Family in the Middle-Income Tier makes me overlook on the fact that how Loved and Fortunate I am. All it takes is a second-hand Barbie Doll set to bring that sweet dimpled smile gashing with pure happiness to that little girl’s face, but a Prada which cost so so so much more, cant bring that very same smile to my face. Guess its time to move a step backwards, not pursue that little luxury in life, but to seek for some meaning in life.

Anyway… back to my day. There is no other word to describe the Travel Fair other then “People Mountain People Sea”. We reached around 4pm, took a queue number… and by 6+pm, there are still… 60 queue number in front of us. We gave up eventually, and Grouchy Bear dropped by to pick us up and what follow is an unintended joy ride for more then 1 hour. From Suntec to ECP, from ECP to Marina Barrage… And eventually, we ended up at a Prata Place at Balastier. A party of 4 turned to 5, and what was intended as a short coffee break turned to a long chit chat session and I reached home at 11.30pm.

Sorting out week has not done me much good. This might be a good time, for me to take a step backwards and detach myself away. I am foreseeing a long healing period with plenty of emotion roller coasters, plenty of depression, plenty of whining, plenty of withdrawal symptoms, plenty of ermm… whatever, starting from today.

The urge to protect myself from getting hurt is strong; Differences… will always stay as differences.

No comments: